Sunday, February 6, 2022

From a strange planet - 49

 We continue our trip along the webcams of the E39. We follow a small fragment of the E39 and we still are not connected to our previous trips. We will need several blog posts for that.

As always we are the unofficial curators of landscape views. Could we sell them as an NFT?

E39 Saglandsbakken - Google streetview
E39 Saglandsbakken II - Google streetview

Two ordinary landscape views.
With all of my over hyped imagination 
I cannot find a suitable metaphysical narrative here.
Maybe if we go further down the road?

And yes! Just around the corner, 
empty landscapes and buildings obscured by trees.
Just what I'm looking for.
Let your imagination do the walking. 
Find your inner Peter Handke:

I don't read my own books,
but sometimes if there is a new edition 
I open it and then
 I feel this life of a writer 
was not so hopeless, not so bad.
All I can say is:
The fields, the fields! They move me deeply.
But I cannot explain why ...
And around here, there are silent waters and calming country roads.
A place to stop your car, pause and look around.
Look at the single tree.

The biggest achievement is to create silence.

E39 Buekrossen 1 - Google streetview

I have followed this view for a long time already.
At first sight it looks very promising,
because it has trees, water, houses, bus shelters, streetlights, curves in the road.
Everything needed to make the view interesting.
But somehow it lacks atmosphere.
Somehow the mystery is lacking.
Snow makes it slightly better.
But in the hills there's a TV tower.
It stands coolly above the landscape.
It is inaccessible from Streetview.

Rv. 44 Kvassheim - Google streetview

Further down, along the coast.
Unchanging monumental flatness.
Both on the webcam and on Streetview.

I am a writer and not a judge.

The so-called world knows the truth.
But I don't know the truth.
But I watch. I feel.
I remember. I question.

No comments:

Post a Comment