There is a road. And behind the trees, on the other side of the water there is a house. In the webcam picture it is small and not clearly visible.
At different times, in different lighting situations and in different weather it looks and feels very different. Sometimes the sun is setting and shadows hide the house:
Sometimes there is a fog that hides the house:
Sometimes there are lights behind the trees:
A search on Google books finds a few quotes that might describe this place. I arrange them into a speculative history of this place and a love story. This does not answer any questions, but raises many new ones. This is how it should be:
- _ you can see the lighted windows through those trees _ it is a lonely road _ it is misting, and there is no illumination except for the reflected light from _ and a lone light where the _
- _ now and then a pair of headlights would slant through the trees, and each time she wondered whether this would be the _
- _ to her amazement, she watched as _ walked out from behind the tallest tree, and silently looked back at her _ his head had the full appearance of _ and his only garments were those of _ that covered his _
- _ among the trees, where only a lonely light behind the garret window was burning now, he said something that she had _
- _ later the bus was leaving _ behind and crossing the causeway which led to the water _ for theirs had been a winter love _ music together in the quiet room, lying on the bed looking out at the lonely lights _
- _ was bright in the rearview mirror, lighting up the sky in oranges and purples, singeing the undersides of the tightly packed clouds _ ahead was a still, perfect blackness, with nothing visible but the faint outlines of trees and a couple of lonely lights on the horizon _
After some searching we find this place on Google maps and we see that the main road is 5956 Vågseidet, Norway, or maybe Lindåsvegen. The nearest bus station is Torvena.
But the gravel road leading up to the house is unnamed. It is not Maråsvegen, because that road goes the other way. You can find a detailed topographic roadmap of this place here.
In real life the house is not very mysterious. It is well maintained and it is painted in extremely bright and un-mysterious blue and white. It is modern and very large. There might be several families living here.
On the satellite picture you can see the shadow of the camera. But you cannot see the camera in Google street view.