Sunday, August 29, 2021

From a strange planet - 37

I've been taking walks around the camera locations. I've seen many nice places and I hope you like them too.
This time the motto comes from a long lost website that contained many autobiographical gems written by an anonymous author. I found it fascinating and I miss it:
When I was 15 there was a cone of light emitting from a mountain near our house. I playfully called the light “Giant” with a hard G. I used to talk to it, much as one would talk to a dog.

Fv. 30 Mosenget - Google streetview

I'm a huge fan of these lonely Norwegian houses. They come with stories.
I don't know what stories. I'm not good enough to write them.
The anonymous internet author is much better than I:
I can’t recall how this came about, but I discovered that Giant granted prayers of a particular sort. I could ask for anyone I wanted to show up the next weekend at the Hollyburn Skating club. It always worked. I decided to give it a tougher test and ask Ann M. to show up. She did not belong to the club. Lo and behold she showed up, a guest of someone else.
Giant did not talk, but his presence was warm and comforting.
The cone may have had some quite ordinary explanation, but just too faint for my friends to see. It might have been an artifact of my glasses. The appearances might have been probable anyway. However, it remains a slight anomaly I don’t feel fully comfortable dismissing.
A beautiful river.
With an inviting bridge. A place to meditate.
With an Andy Goldsworthy artwork in the water.
And another inviting bridge.
This is the hill with the roadworks.
And fields in the neighbourhood.
What a great place for autumn walks.
It reminds me of this LP cover.
I liked the landscape even more than the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment